Covid-19 Appointment Information for Patients
As of 20/03/2023 patients are not required to wear masks in our clinic. This is in line with Newcastle Private Hospital’s decision to remove mask requirements for patients and visitors.
If you have cold or flu symptoms we ask that you wear a mask or re-schedule your appointment.
- If you are unwell we ask that you call us to reschedule your appointment. We ask partners and guests to adhere to these guidelines too.
- Partners and guests may attend your appointment with you.
- It's ok to bring children if you need to.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms we recommend that you take a COVID PCR or RAT test and follow the guidelines of Health NSW.
- If you have tested POSITIVE for COVID-19 you must follow the guidelines of Health NSW. We ask that you reschedule your appointment for when you are clear of symptoms.
If you are a household contact, you may attend your appointment as long as you have no symptoms and wear a mask.
- Telehealth appointments are available for patients affected by COVID-19 ONLY. Standard appointment fees still apply for telehealth. We can take over the phone credit card payments at the time of your telehealth appointment.
- You must wear a mask in our clinic.
Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter. We will keep you up to date with the latest changes regarding COVID-19 restrictions as they unfold.
Pregnancy and Coronavirus
Below are some useful resources to help answer questions you have about coronavirus (COVID-19). These resources provide up to date and factual information to help clarify any uncertainties.
The Pfizer vaccination is recommended during pregnancy, for more information please refer to the RANZCOG site.
Find a clinic and book your vaccine or booster
This is a good Q&A list is from the UK, however please also refer to https://www.health.gov.au for Australian guidance.
Department of Health
National Coronavirus Helpline
Please call the Australian Coronavirus Helpline 1800 020 080 if required.
This line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.